Sunday 8 February 2009

Keeping the peace in cottage country

It's been a while since I've posted anything here (and that's an understatement), but recently I read something so puzzling that I have to share it.


A summer scene on the banks of the Gull River, Minden

Some of you may know Minden, Ontario; famous for the surrounding cottage country, Dollo's IGA and the Rockcliffe Hotel/Tavern, it is a small town of which I am very fond.

It seems that there is some controversy surrounding the Chili Competition being held in Minden on February 15th as part of the town's 150th anniversary celebrations. This year (as opposed to previous years?) the cook-off will be "violence-free". Read this curious post from the Minden Sesquicentenial website (via Penny's Blog) to try to find out more. Let me know if you have any luck.

And remember - be careful with chili, it can really get the tempers flaring.

No comments: